Plumbing Mission Beach Specialists install a wide variety of water filtration products and have professional trained technician’s ready to service your existing system.
Filtration systems remove impurities from tap water. The most commonly used are carbon or reverse-osmosis filtration. Look for certification by NSF International, which establishes the standards.
How to Choose a Water Filtration System
- Have your water tested so you know how much and what kind of filtration you need.
- Decide whether you want a faucet-mounted system, which is inexpensive and easy to install but requires frequent filter changes, or an in-line system, which mounts directly to your plumbing system. The latter is more costly but more comprehensive, and requires only occasional filter changes.
- Look into an NSF-certified carbon filter for either system if your test comes back with chlorine, chloroform, pesticides or organic chemicals. Carbon filters are not effective against lead or other heavy metals, flouride, chloroform, or some microbial contaminants.
- Think about getting an in-line reverse-osmosis filtering system if your water test shows sodium, ferrous iron, nitrates, lead, fluoride or organic contaminants. Be aware that a reverse-osmosis system puts out a limited amount of drinking water and wastes a lot of water (about 4 gallons of wasted water per gallon of clear water). If your water’s calcium count is high, you’ll need to use a water softener with this system.
- Consider a system with a cutoff meter (also known as a performance indication device) that lets you know when it’s time to change the filter.
Plumbing Mission Beach Specialists can help you! Contact us now for water filter service! Get it done right...get it guaranteed! Contact us today at 858-633-3284. Call Plumbing Mission Beach Specialists!